|Information Technology Advisory Committe (ITAC)
The DeKalb County Information Technology Advisory Committee (ITAC) is an advisory body established to create cooperation, economy of scale and render IT recommendations that are in the over all best interest of DeKalb County. The committee identifies and assesses County technology needs and assists with the implementation of the Information Technology Strategic Plan. The committee will exists and meets at the discretion of the Director of Information Technology to review progress on technology initiatives, ensure standardization, and offer executive level guidance to the presiding chairperson.
The Information Technology Advisory Committee is charged with providing leadership and support in the utilization of information technology to enhance and improve all aspects of organizational operations. The ITAC will be responsible for these specific charges:
Authorizing Executive Body
- Make recommendations for the enforcement of Countywide IT standardization.
- Reviews Countywide progress on IT initiatives.
- Assist in the execution and adherence of the County IT strategic plan.
- Recommends Countywide standards for IT equipment and software.
- Recommends Countywide policies regarding access to and use of IT resources;
- Develops and/or reviews procedures related to IT resources and services;
- Communicates with county departments on matters of direction, policies and procedures.
The Information Technology Advisory Committee exists and reports to the Director of Information Technology.
In any meeting of the ITAC a majority of the membership shall constitute a quorum.
This ITAC will meet monthly. Meetings will be 60-90 minutes in duration and will convene at 11:00 a.m.
Special call meetings may be arranged as needed by the chair or the Director of IT.
Active membership in ITAC will be as follows:
Election of Officers
- (Non Voting) The Director of IT or a designee will act as an advisor to the ITAC.
- (Voting) One representative from the County Telecommunications Section.
- (Voting) One member from each department. (Preferably the most senior system administrator).
The annual election of officers (Chair and Vice-Chair) shall take place during the month of January. An individual must be an active member in good standing to be nominated for, elected to, or hold office in the ITAC. For each office on the ballot, the chair shall declare as elected the candidate receiving the highest number of votes cast. If no candidate receives at least forty (40%) percent of the votes cast for that office, a run-off election will be held for that office.
Duties of the Chair and Co-Chair
The Chair shall
- prepare agendas for all General meeting
- preside at all General meetings
- create Ad hoc Committees with the approval of the full Board
- be an ex-officio member of all Standing Committees
- perform such duties as assigned by the Director
- Co-chair will perform duties as assigned by the chair and will act as chair in their absence