|Interim CEO Lee May Establishes Government Operations Task Force
By executive order, DeKalb Interim CEO Lee May with the support of the DeKalb County Board of Commissioners created a special task force to study various aspects of DeKalb County government.
The Task Force on DeKalb County Operations (the Operations Task Force) is empowered to explore and study (1) the financial, business, zoning and quality of life impact on residents and government operations caused by the creation of new cities and annexations; (2) the effectiveness of the current governance structure of DeKalb County and ethics and transparency in County operations; (3) the equitable distribution of Homestead Option Sales Tax (HOST) proceeds and legacy pension costs between the DeKalb County and itís; and (4) other related matters.
|Task Force Members:|
||Under the executive order, the Operation Task Force will be comprised of 15 members: Two (2) members appointed by the Interim Chief Executive Officer, three (3) members appointed by the Board of Commissioners, two (2) members appointed by the DeKalb County Senate Delegation; two (2) members appointed by the DeKalb County House Delegation, one (1) member shall be appointed by the DeKalb County Board of Education, one (1) member shall be appointed by the DeKalb Chamber of Commerce and one (1) member shall be appointed by the Development Authority of DeKalb County. In addition, two (2) non-voting members will be appointed by the Georgia Municipal Association, and one (1) non-voting member shall be appointed by the Association of County Commissioners of Georgia.
||DeKalb Interim CEO Lee May has increased the membership of The Task Force on DeKalb County Operations (the Operations Task Force). The committee will be increased from 15 members to 17, and all task force members will have voting privileges.
||The Operations Task Force is comprised of 17 members, as follows:
- Commissioner Jeff Rader, District 2
- Commissioner Sharon Barnes-Sutton, District 4
- Commissioner Stan Watson, District 7
- State Senator Gloria Butler
- State Senator Fran Millar
- State Senate candidate and former State Representative Elena Parent
- State Representative Karla Drenner
- State Representative Billy Mitchell
- State Representative Mike Jacobs
- David L. Sjoquist, Professor of Economics and Director of Domestic Programs at the Andrew Young School of Policy Studies Georgia State University
- John Shelton, CEO of DeKalb Medical Center
- Jim McMahan, Vice Chair, DeKalb County Board of Education
- Vaughn Irons, Chairman of the Development Authority of DeKalb County
- Patrick Ejike, Director Community Development Department, Clayton County Board of Commissioners
- April Atkins, AICP; Community Affairs Specialist
- Bill Floyd, Former Mayor of Decatur
- Jim Grubiak, General Counsel, Association of County Commissioners
|The Operations Task Force had its first meeting on June 5, 2014 from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. at the Maloof Auditorium, 1300 Commerce Drive, Decatur, GA 30030.|